Autumn is here, which means it’s officially pumpkin season!
As much as we love pumpkin spice everything, we also enjoy savoury pumpkin flavours like this Vegan Pumpkin Soup.
Made with minimal ingredients, this creamy Vegan Pumpkin Soup gets some added plant-based protein thanks to our Plant Protein mix. This highly absorbable plant-based protein powder contains only 5 organic ingredients: rice protein, pea protein, maca, lucuma and banana powder.
Plant Protein helps build lean muscle and aids in post-workout recovery, which means this Vegan Pumpkin Soup is the perfect post-workout meal!
(Learn more about Plant Protein including how it’s different from Skinny Protein, here.)
SERVES 2 | VEGAN, GLUTEN-FREE, NUT-FREE
- 2 tbsp Plant Protein mix
- 1 small pumpkin, diced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can coconut milk
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1-inch ginger root
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat the oil in a large pot, then add the onions and garlic and sauté until translucent.
- Add the pumpkin, coconut milk, and broth.
- Cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer until pumpkin is fork-tender.
- Transfer to a high-speed blender, add the ginger and Plant Protein mix and blend until smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour into bowls and enjoy!