Take a break from your usual mid-day meal and try this vegan buddha bowl with sweet potato and a creamy hummus packed with adaptogens!
When it comes to lunch you need something filling, nutritious, and loaded with enough nutrients to keep you going till dinner... But, it needs to be a quick and easy recipe? Then you will love this buddha bowl recipe!
It contains fresh greens, healthy fats and complex carbohydrates that will keep your blood sugar stable. In addition to nutrient-dense whole foods, the creamy hummus contains calming superfoods thanks to a serving of our Golden Mellow Mix. A powerful blend of Ayurvedic herbs and adaptogens that are known to help reduce stress (perfect for a stressful weekday).
So, the next time you’re hungry and feeling overwhelmed, add a little calm to your day with this delicious, nutritious and easy lunch.
💛 SUPER TIP: This recipe is perfect for meal prep, cut and store each ingredient seperately in the fridge and garnish for a grab-and-go lunch!
Sweet Potato Buddha Bowl With Hummus
Serves 2 | VEGAN
Ingredients buddha bowl:
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1 sweet potato, diced
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 2 cups mixed greens
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- lemon juice, peanuts (optional)
- 1-2 tsp Golden Mellow mix
- 1 can chickpeas
- 3 tbsp tahini
- 1-2 garlic cloves
- ½ cup water
- Place the broccoli and sweet potatoes on a lined baking sheet.
- Roast at 180°C for 20-25 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, prepare the Golden Mellow Hummus: Drain the chickpeas, reserving the liquid. Blend all of the ingredients in a high-speed blender or food processor until smooth (Adding 1 tbsp chickpea liquid as needed to achieve desired consistency.) Set aside.
- Combine all of the ingredients in a bowl and enjoy!