A classic homemade vegetable soup recipe, for comfortable and homely evenings. Warm yourself from the inside out with this surprisingly easy vegetable soup recipe.
Each season brings its load of delicious seasonal vegetables, and there’s always one recipe that never fails to impress: the almighty soup. It warms you up from the inside, feels homely and gets you all comfy.
This recipe is filled with essential nutrients - something your body will always thank you for. Carrots, celery, onions, cauliflower: this homemade vegetable soup has all the classic veggies and is a call back to your family, your grandma’s best dish.
Plus, it contains a full serving of Gut Feeling Mix, a superfood blend design to keep your gut happy. With its extra fibres, it will help your body absorb valuable nutrients and support a normal digestion.
A truly soup-erb meal!
Homemade vegetable soup
- 2 tsp Gut Feeling Mix
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 5 stalks of celery, sliced
- 100g carrots, chopped
- 1/2 head broccoli, chopped into florets
- 1/2 head cauliflower, chopped into florets
- 2 medium potatoes, chopped
- 2L vegetable broth
- 4 sprigs of thyme
- 4 sprigs of parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat a large pot over medium-low heat. Pour 2 tbsp olive oil into the large pot. Add the garlic and onion. Sauté until the onion becomes translucent.
- Add carrots and celery. Season with salt and pepper and cook for 5-7 minutes, stirring frequently and allowing vegetables to soften.
- Add the cauliflower, the broccoli and 1 tbsp olive oil. Continue to cook for 10 minutes. Taste and adjust salt and pepper seasoning if needed.
- Add potatoes and vegetable broth and bring the mixture to a boil. Once boiling, lower to a simmer. Add the thyme and parsley and cover with a lid for 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat, let cool for 10-15 minutes.
- Carefully pour the soup contents into a blender and blend on low for 20 seconds. (For a smoother texture, blend longer.)
- Once the soup has cooled a bit more, add the Gut Feeling Mix and stir until combined. Pour into bowls, enjoy!
💚 Super tip: For a Detox-friendly soup recipe, simply remove the salt and olive oil from the recipe. Also, make sure to use unsalted vegetable broth!