A filling dish that is both delicious and good for your gut? It’s possible with this vegan chickpea salad recipe!
Want to feel full for hours? Then chickpea is definitely the way to go. This small - but mighty! - bean made its first appearance thousands of years ago in the Middle East and has since become a pantry staple across the globe.
And for a good reason!
This legume is packed with protein, contains an array of vitamins, minerals and fibres, and is above all simply delicious. You can use it in dips, blondies, curries… Pretty much anything. But today, we're keeping it simple with a Mediterranean-style chickpea salad.
What’s more, this vegan recipe has a full serving of Gut Feeling, THE mix to take care of your gut health. Thanks to its prebiotic and digestive enzymes-rich formula, Gut Feeling can promote the growth of healthy gut bacteria, which could lead to less bloating, belly discomfort or indigestion.
SERVES 1 BOWL | VEGAN, GLUTEN-FREE
- 1 tsp Gut Feeling mix
- 2 cans chickpeas
- ½ avocado, diced
- 2 tbsp vegan mayo
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1-2 stalks celery, thinly sliced
- ½ lemon, juiced
- ¼ red onion, chopped
- 3 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp parsley, chopped
- In a bowl, roughly mash chickpeas with the back of a fork
- Add mayo, avocado, mustard and mix until combined.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mash until a cream texture has formed.
- Serve with your favourite veggies, crackers, or gluten-free bread.